Picture Book Month
Did you know November is Picture Book Month?! It’s a month to celebrate all the amazing picture books out there, both old and new. Picture books are a child’s first introduction to literature, language, and words, and they are foundational and, more than a little, magical.
To celebrate this month, our youth services staff have put together a few recommendations for both new and older picture books!
Want even more? Come into youth services and ask our very talented staff!
The books below can all be found in our catalog.
- The Scariest Kitten in the World by Kate Messner
- Gilmore Girls: At Home in Stars Hollow by Micol Ostow
- La Guitarrista by Lucky Diaz
- The Knight of Little Import by Hannah Batsel
- Wallflowers by Mackenzie Joy
- Mermaid and Pirate by Tracey Baptiste
- Tomfoolery!: Randolph Caldecott and the Rambunctious Coming-of-Age of Children's Books by Michelle Markel
- The Duck Never Blinks by Alex Latimer
- The Tree and the River by Aaron Becker
- An American Story by Kwame Alexander
- I Want to Be in a Scary Story by Sean Taylor
- Julián is a Mermaid by Jessica Love
- Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems
- Ho'onani: Hula Warrior by Heather Gale
- Ribbit! By Rodrigo Folgueira
- Maybe Something Beautiful: How Art Transformed a Neighborhood by F. Isabel Campoy
- Lon Po Po: A Red-Riding Hood Story from China by Ed Young
- I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! By Karen Beaumont
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! by Candace Fleming
- The Book With No Pictures by B. J. Novak