Local History Closings

The Local History Room will have different hours the week of June 17th:

  • Monday, June 17th: normal hours 
  • Tuesday, June 18th: Closed
  • Wednesday, June 19th: Closed
  • Thursday, June 20th: 10 am-12 pm
  • Friday, June 21st: 10 am-12 pm

Regular hours will resume the following week. 

Get a Card

How to Get a Card

In order to get a library card, you need a form of ID or paperwork with your full name. The library will also ask for address information. The address does not need to be a  permanent address. It can include addresses like dorms, friends' houses, or a local shelter. You do not need to present proof of address. See below for acceptable forms of identification. To print out a paper copy of the application, click here. You can also pick up an application at the circulation desk. Once your application is complete, bring it to the Circulation desk.

Acceptable forms of identification:

Picture ID:

  • Driver’s license (any state ID, whether it’s NY or not)
  • Sheriffs ID
  • Prison discharge ID
  • Passport
  • School ID
  • Green card
  • Military ID
  • EBT card

Non-picture ID:

  • Credit card
  • Checkbook
  • Report card
  • Lease agreement (paper or on phone)
  • Social security card
  • Birth certificate
  • Pay stub
  • Interim license
  • Non-picture EBT card
  • Insurance card

*MaiI is NOT acceptable as ID, even if it's official business mail. 

To renew your library card, you will need one of the above forms of ID and your library card. To replace your library card, you will need one of the above forms of ID. 

Library card information:

  • Library cards expire after 3 years and then need to be renewed. 
  • People ages 13+ can get a library card on their own. For children under 13, they need to sign-up with a grown-up. The grown-up will need to present one of the above forms of ID.
  • There is a $1.50 replacement fee for lost cards. 

Email bcpltempcard@gmail.com with your full name, address, phone number, and birth date to receive a temporary electronic card that can be used for electronic media, including databases and digital content providers, such as Hoopla and Libby. To change a temporary card to a physical card, you'll need to come into the library with an acceptable form of ID and sign a registration form. 

For individuals who do not reside in one of these counties, you must pay a nonresident fee of $20 to obtain a subscription card. This subscription card can be used at any of the 4CLS member libraries and will be active for one year.