Reading Garden Policy
The garden is available Monday through Thursday 9:00a.m. – 7:00p.m., Friday and Saturday 9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.; May 15 through October 1. The Garden will not be available when the Library is closed. All reservations must be made with the Library Administration Office, Monday through Friday at least two weeks in advance.
- 49 people maximum
- Restroom facilities are available in the Library.
- Chairs are not provided by the Library.
- Electricity is available.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to rent from a fully insured professional rental agency and the tent must meet fire codes. Party tents erected in designated areas only.
- Sound equipment allowed but must adhere to the City of Binghamton Sound Ordinance.
- Decorations are permitted provided they are tied on. The use of nails, tacks, staples, tape, etc. is prohibited. Please make sure your decorators are aware of the rules. Decorations must be removed by the renter.
- Food is permitted.
- Adult supervision is required for children’s groups in a ratio of about one leader to ten children.
- The rental of the Reading Garden in no way guarantees any special privileges in the use of parking.
- Renters should restrict admission to their guests only.
- Proper attire and behavior is expected.
- Renter is responsible for general clean-up and removal of decorations and trash before leaving the premises.
- Skating or Blading
- Picking of flowers
- Throwing birdseed, rice, flower petals, or confetti
- Walking in flower beds
- Dogs (with the exception of service dogs)
- No glass containers
The representative of the Group must sign a room rental agreement that memorializes all of the requirements contained herein and approved as to form by the Library Board of Trustees’ legal counsel. The group agrees to indemnify and hold the Broome County Public Library, Library Board of Trustees, and the County of Broome and any officer, employee and/or agent thereof free and harmless from any and all loss(es), penalty(ies), damage(s), settlement(s), cost(s), charge(s), professional fee(s) or other expense(s) or liability(ies) of every kind arising from or relating to any and all claim(s), lien(s), demand(s), obligation(s), action(s), proceedings or causes of action of any kind in connection with, or arising directly or indirectly from the usage of the room including negligent error(s) and/or omission(s) and/or act(s) by the Group, including Group’s employees and licensees or invitees.
RESERVATION FORM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Contact Person: ________________________________________________________________
Phone# ______________________ _________________________________________
Activity Planned: _________________________________
Date & Time___________________
A NON-REFUNDABLE fee is due two weeks in advance of the event.
$ 50.00 for two (2) hours _______________
$ 100.00 for four (4) hours_______________
$ 150.00 for the entire day _______________
A security deposit of $50.00 is required and will be returned to the renter after inspection of the garden. Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Make checks payable to the Broome County Public Library.
All Library policies apply including the Library Code of Conduct.
The person signing this form on behalf of the above group assumes personal liability for breakage, destruction, or removal of property by any member of the group and must be 18 years of age. The renter will be responsible for any damages above the $50.00 amount.